Tuesday 30 September 2014

Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream // Review


Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream Review

Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream Review

I am always on the lookout for the perfect daily moisturiser. This is my latest contender, Nivea's Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream for Normal to Combination skin. I picked this up on a whim when I was abroad and had forgotten to bring a moisturiser with me. I gravitated towards this one as I had tried the Nivea Pure & Natural cleansing face wipes before (see my review here) and was drawn to the simplicity of this line. 

This day cream claims to give 24 hour intensive moisture, naturally soft and smooth skin and to enrich the skin's natural healthy glow. The product is 95% of natural origin and doesn't contain parabens, silicones, colourants or mineral oils (hoorah!). It does however contain organically grown Argan Oil and Aloe Vera which are sources of vitamin E and hydration, and claims to suitable for sensitive skin. 

Having combination/oily skin I look for a moisturiser that is light and non-greasy which makes the perfect base for make-up. Often I find moisturisers interfere with my make-up as they are overly sticky, but this one sunk into the skin fairly quickly without leaving an uncomfortable residue. My skin was left feeling clean and smooth and ready to apply make-up within five minutes of application. 

Although effective as a moisturiser, I found the scent of this product overwhelming and unnecessarily strong. It has a very fresh scent which in itself is quite pleasant, but for me the concentration of fragrance is far too powerful. When using the product I found that my skin tingled after application, which may be a reaction to the fragrance (I also found the cleansing wipes from this line irritating on my eyes). 

Overall I think that this is a good everyday moisturiser which would be suitable for most people, however if you are sensitive to fragrance I would avoid this product. It is nice to see a large cosmetic brand like Nivea introducing a natural range of products, and I hope that they explore fragrance free versions and look to expand the range.

Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream retails for £5.32 for 50ml and is available from the Boots website.

Do you have a favourite daily moisturiser? Let me know your recommendations in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...